The title may say "New Teachers" but all teachers will find this a great place to explore to find websites with exciting content for their classrooms. Organized by grade level, it includes links to teacher networking sites, sites with free lessons, proven educational websites such as Discovery Education and PBS Kids and more.
2) Vocab Sushi: The better way to build your vocabulary
3) Grammar Girl
Grammar Girl provides short, friendly tips to improve your writing. Covering the grammar rules and word choice guidelines that can confound even the best writers, Grammar Girl makes complex grammar questions simple with memory tricks to help you recall and apply those troublesome grammar rules. Whether English is your first language or second language, Grammar Girl’s punctuation, style, and business tips will make you a better and more successful writer. Mignon Fogarty is the creator and host of Grammar Girl. Grammar Girl is a Quick and Dirty Tips podcast.
4) Edutopia Digital Youth Portrait: Luis, 18 years old
1. Is Luis typical of kids in your community? Why, or why not?
2. Luis has a demanding academic schedule but still spends a lot of time online and with community service. Do these activities complement each other? Or do you think he is overextending himself?
3. How is Luis using technology to improve the lives of his family members?
4. How does the Tech Wizards program empower students?
5. How do you think the Lego Robotics program benefits Luis and the kids he works with?